Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Food for Thought: Revision Process

I really enjoyed doing the manuscript reviews. Not only did it force me to work on my paper early, but it also helped me work on my editing skills. I have always had difficultly editing my own work. I have been trying to improve on it over the last year, and I think it helps to edit other peoples work. When I can see other people make the same mistakes I do it helps me be more aware of them in my own writing. It also makes me feel like we are a real community working together. A lot of the time I do not feel like I connect with people in my courses, but activities like this one have made me feel more connected. Overall, I think it is a great process and I really enjoyed it! I hope my comments help and thanks to Elena, Edward, and Robert for your comments!

2 comments:

  1. I just read your paper last night since we're going to be on the same panel Thursday night - and I really loved it! Your writing was super clear and concise and you made excellent use of textual evidence. Also, I totally stole your idea of using footnotes! I loved that you had footnotes explaining agency and the way in which active-bodied nature works. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay Jay! :D I had a lot of fun writing so I'm glad so many people have enjoyed reading it. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete